Monday, May 20, 2013

The Reticulated Python Exhibit--Stage 1


I am currently working on an exhibit for this beautiful snake: the reticulated python.  The reticulated python is native to parts of Southern Asia, and some experts say it is the longest snake in the entire world.


This is the python's exhibit.  They just extended the space upwards about 5 feet to a skylight.  My job is to extend the old mural all the way to the skylight.  The mural depicts a tropical asian forest scene.  The challenge will be matching the colors and leaf patterns of the older mural.


I began by rolling out a coat of light green paint for the forest canopy, and a coat of blue paint for the sky.  That was all pretty easy.  I got a bit sweaty working so close to that skylight, felt like I was really in the tropics!

No comments:

Post a Comment