Monday, May 20, 2013

Reticulated Python Exhibit--Stage 2


I began to extend the branches of the older mural up into the new space.  Everything above the overhang is new, while most of what is under the overhang is old.  Here I was still struggling a little with matching the colors.


I stole a fan from the backstage area, so it doesn't feel so much like the tropics anymore.


The Wall is pretty rough, making it difficult to paint clean edges.  I made some simple stenciles to help me with the branches.


I finally made some nice clusters of leaves and branches that I think look pretty similar to the branches in the original mural.  I also added some suggestions of cloud cover.  Maybe I'll throw in a bird or two later.


Next up: I've got to work on that corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment