Monday, April 28, 2014

Golden Lion Tamarin exhibit and Armenian Viper exhibit


I recently finished this rainforest mural for the Golden Lion Tamarin and White-faces Saki exhibit at the Primate House.  If everything goes as planned, I will apply the final coat of varnish tomorrow.




Here is one of the Golden Lion Tamarin monkeys who will be living in the exhibit.  I hope she likes it!



The Sifaka lemurs next door were very interested in what I was doing.  They kept sitting on the door between the exhibits and watching me paint.


I am also currently working on a mural for the Armenian Viper exhibit at the Herpetarium.  The picture below was sent to me by Patrick Ferguson.  Thanks Patrick!


8 comments:

  1. What a fun job that you have! Beautiful work! I've always painted so if you ever need a helper.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Beatrice! (Sorry I sometimes forget to check this thing.) Wish I made enough to higher a helper, maybe someday! Whatever you do don't stop painting.

      Delete
  2. Hey Patrick! Went to the zoo Monday and saw you working - you're doing a phenomenal job! I'm a painter too, and am currently doing murals of creation in my church's kids center. If you needed a hand and I had the time to spare, I'd love to help you out, but I'm afraid the 2-hr drive would be a bit much. Keep up the good work though - can't wait to see the finished product. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We came on a Sunday while you were out, and everybody in the family thought that your Homo Sapien Pictoris sign was about the coolest thing ever. Here's a link to my blog entry in which I shared the photo of it and then went on and on about how great it was: http://www.craftknife.blogspot.com/2014/06/homeschool-field-trip-st-louis-zoo.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julie! Sorry, I meant to reply to you ages ago but forgot until now. Just wanted to say it's cool that you are homeschooling your kids and taking them on field trips; I was homeschooled until college and I think it does a lot for creativity and curiosity and enthusiasm for learning.

      Delete
  4. I was at the St. Louis Zoo today, visiting from Kansas City, and saw your clever little "Homo Sapien Pictoris" sign and thought that it was hilarious! Appreciated the laugh and the beautiful artistry :) (and so did all of Facebook, haha)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete